- 1 cup Marsh Hen Mill Johnny Cake mix
- 1 cup of water
- 1/4 cup of milk
- Bacon drippings (butter or other oil/fat can be used)
- In a medium saucepan bring water to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat and pour Johnny Cake mix into a mixing bowl. Stirring constantly, drizzle the hot water over the mix.
- After the batter is thoroughly mixed, stir in the milk.
- Heat the bacon drippings in a large cast iron frying pan on medium-high heat. When the pan is hot, drop your batter by the spoonful.
- Cook until both sides are golden brown, just like a pancake.