- 4 cups Vegetable Stock (you can replace some or all or this with an equal amount of rough chopped tomatoes)
- 1 cup Marsh Hen Mill Sea Island Red Peas
- 1/2 Cup rough chopped tomatoes
- 2 ounces bacon, cut into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small garlic clove
- Combine all the ingredients except the salt in the pressure
- 2 fresh bay leaves (optional)
- 5 thyme sprigs (optional)
- Kosher salt
- Soak peas overnight, then drain and rinse.
- Combine all the ingredients in the pressure cooker except for the salt.
- Lock the Lid and cook on High for 15 minutes (increase time slightly if you like your beans a bit softer)
- Let sit for 10 additional minutes before carefully releasing steam.
- Drain the peas saving 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid and discard garlic, bay leaves and thyme sprigs.
- Season with salt and serve.
Serves 4 as a side.