- 3 cups water
- 1 cup Marsh Hen Mill White Grits
- 1 1/2 cups half and half
- Salt to taste
- Dollop of butter
- Handful of finally chopped tomatoes and onions
- 1 pound peeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup white wine
- Bring water to a boil and add grits slowly.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally as grits thicken.
- Add half-and-half and continue to cook for one hour, stirring occasionally.
- Shrimp Gravy: Put dollop of butter in frying pan. Sauté tomatoes and onions over medium high heat until they begin to caramelize.
- Toss in shrimp. Using a wooden spoon, continue to stir shrimp, tomatoes, and onions until shrimp turn pink.
- Splash in 1/2 cup white wine and continue to stir until shrimp are done and wine has reduced.
- Plate grits. Pour shrimp and gravy over grits and serve.