Want to add a little bang to your popcorn game? Growing up in Maryland, Chesapeake bay spice was put on everything…and I do mean everything! Change up your popcorn game with this simple spin on my favorite zesty popcorn seasoning.
- Cayenne pepper
- Celery salt
- Smoked paprika
- Dry Mustard
- White pepper
- Pinch white sugar
- Combine all your spices and set aside
- Put 1.5 Tbsp oil into a deep-sided saute pan with a lid
- Heat oil on medium heat for about 4 minutes.
- Put one single corn kernel in the skillet and wait for it to pop.
- Once the kernel pops, the pan is hot enough to add the rest of the kernels.
- Turn down the heat to medium-low and add your popcorn. Place lid on pan
- With the lid on, gently shake and stir your popcorn so that it doesn’t burn
- When the popcorn begins popping, turn off heat and continue to stir.
- Once popcorn has finished popping, remove the lid & add seasoning while still hot & moist.
- Stir gently to incorporate.
- Put in a bowl, garnish with chopped scallion & enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of Charleston Chef Service.